- Your nose is the right shape.
- Your skin is the right shade.
- Your lips, hands and feet are the right size.
- Your height is perfect and so is your natural hair color/texture.
- Your voice and laugh are just right.
Whatever you dislike about your physical self is actually in your mind.
- Fashion didn’t create you.
- Western standards of beauty didn’t create you.
- Your culture’s idea of physical attractiveness didn’t create you.
Allah created you and He doesn’t make mistakes. Let that sink in for a moment.
Acknowledge your body as what it is:
a present from your Creator that allows your soul to journey from one realm to another.
Practice gratefulness by taking good care of this gift that was entrusted to you.
- Be as kind and merciful to it you as would be with an honorable guest.
- Respect it.
- Love it.
- Compliment it.
Feed it with the right amount of healthy food and be active to keep it fit, strong and energized.
- Get enough sleep.
- Moisturize your skin.
- Take care of your teeth, hair and nails.
- Exercise your brain.
You’re not a body. You have a body. You are a soul.